Dragon Quest HQ

Your #1 Source for Dragon Quest Zest

Discussion Forum

Forum Home > General Dragon Quest Topics > Emma's Resignation Letter

BurgerPrincess

From JessicaAlbert13 tumblr:

I left DQ-HQ today. Everything I ever added to the site is still there, but there is no longer a member called JessicaAlbert13 on the site. I gave up.

This afternoon I signed on as normal to check up on the site. I made sure the forums were running smoothly, no bullying or haters harassing the forums. I checked up on the photo albums and found a double, two pictures in the albums. I deleted the double then made a topic about how I go through photo albums and delete doubles and older pictures.

All the while I was doing this I was on the edge of a panic attack. Seeing DQ-HQ makes me melancholy. I suffer from depression and seeing my site as such a failure makes me feel miserable. After I posted the topic I tried to add new artwork to the site, but the site runs so damn slow. There are too many pictures on the site. All those pictures are cluttering and slowing down the site. It takes me about thirty minutes to add just ONE picture. And I'm sh*t out of luck if I wanna write a title or caption because that takes three or five tries to work.

I decided to end it all today. I went into Webs and simply left Dragon Quest HQ. I didn't write another topic before leaving, a topic where I wave goodbye or list my reasons for leaving. I can't write a topic like that. The simple reason I left is because I give up. I'm a failure. I don't have the personality to run a website. I'm too introverted. I do not enjoy talking on forums. I have crippling social phobia. I'm tried of faking being happy. I am nobody and will always be nobody.

DQ-HQ was fun at first, but that site isn't going anywhere. To become a better site DQ-HQ needs more money invested and I'm not investing any more. I failed as a site administrator. I can't do it. I'm sorry. I give up. The site only brings me misery now. This isn't a stupid stunt either. I truly give up. My life is in a dark place right now. I cannot pay for a site I no longer find joy in.

I copied this from Emma's tumblr and she said it was okay for me to post it. So it's finally final. No more Jessicaalbert13 here. Now you losers will have to take care of the site yourselves.

--

September 7, 2013 at 6:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alexander Averhoff

I Feel bad for Emma. i really do. doesn't anyone do? is her life really in a dark place?  i don't know what to say, i mean really. :(.....(losers?.....even when there's kids here?....like me?.......okay...)

September 7, 2013 at 8:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Munchie

Wow. What a sad day. I feel really bad for her. I wish I could help her somehow.

--

(>^.^)> MUNCHIE! <(^.^<)

September 7, 2013 at 10:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alexander Averhoff

No seriosuly, losers? really? losers? that's the best way you can describe us? no offence but still.

September 8, 2013 at 1:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Munchie

I'll admit, losers is a bit harsh, but meh.

--

(>^.^)> MUNCHIE! <(^.^<)

September 8, 2013 at 8:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sackchief

That's really too bad.  I love this website.  It's just another thing that keeps DQ alive and it's thanks to her.  Hopefully she feels better soon.

September 9, 2013 at 12:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SuperCyberTv
Site Owner

Sigh.

--

Head Of Site

September 9, 2013 at 1:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ljink

Man... I feel horrible. And just when I came back to update Dragon Quest +. Welp...:(

--

I hate Dholmagus with a BURNING PASSION!

CHECK OUT DRAGON QUEST +

If you like Dragon Quest then you should really give this a go! Remake of Dragon Quest with updated visuals, quests, and so much more. Visit RPGmaker.net today and subscribe:D Or else...

October 22, 2013 at 12:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xiphos2000

This website isn't a failiure...:(

--

October 26, 2013 at 11:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Scarlette

I know this is 3 years late and all but...

wow. Never knew that she left. She's the only member I talked with in this site. Anyways, that is unfortunate that she left. But really, this site was not even a failure (why call members losers anyhow. That's uncalled for.) It may be outdated, but to be honest this ste was great before. I guess she left due to personal issues and how disorganzied this site was. 

It was fun while it lasted.

For any other Dragon Quest sites that is active, visit ...
- Dragon Quest Fans (Deviantart)
- Pixiv or Tumblr 

Cheers!

October 4, 2016 at 1:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Admins

Please contact Supercybertv, Jessicalbert13, 1337BleachFan or Lord Roto if you need any help on the website

Recent Videos

2760 views - 2 comments
3857 views - 0 comments
2213 views - 1 comment
2358 views - 0 comments